100cc four stroke kit?

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
If I didn’t have so many motors I would try one, about the only thing about the chain drive, is the noise. I like the 7G belt setup better, as more quiet. But the best they don’t make anymore is the V-Plex clutch, like the front half of snowmobile clutch, it comes together and pinches the belt and off you go. Otherwise the good old stand by is what just about every lawn tractor uses belt tighter, with belt guides …I had a V-Plex as a kid, and road the snot out of it for a couple years……………Curt

Reactions: fasteddy

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm curious what kind of clutch it has? If it has one of those standard minibike clutches, it should be fine.
The chain drive itself should be OK, but the backing plate looks very weak. :(

Another thing I have questions about, is that the throttle cable is connected to the governor arm... If the internal governor parts are still inside the engine, (& working), the governor will be fighting the throttle cable at full throttle. (the internal parts are very easy to remove tho).

Other than that; it looks like a good deal. :)

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I'm curious what kind of clutch it has? If it has one of those standard minibike clutches, it should be fine.

Another thing I have questions about, is that the throttle cable is connected to the governor arm... If the internal governor parts are still inside the engine, (& working), the governor will be fighting the throttle cable at full throttle. (the internal parts are very easy to remove tho).

Look at some similar kits. Some have a chain drive in the reduction box and some use a belt. None say what the reduction actually is in the transmission. Both kits had a 15t-drive sprocket going to a 44t rear sprocket. I'm going to assume a 3\1 reduction box with the 44\15 for a total reduction of 8.8\1 for a top speed of 31.6 mph at 3600 rpm on 26" tires.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
With a little effort as Norm said the rpm can increased easily, I did some carting when I was younger and turned a 5 HP Briggs to some high rpm’s.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Nope... No after market for it... Same deal as the Phatmoto.. the 79cc predator can be bored out to 99 useing the 99cc piston...

Mossy

May 20, 2022

30 series TAV with the juggernaut and 7" driver... With the kit to adjust it... Going to be hard to beat...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Mossy I was saying disable the governor, a few little things would help.
A billet flywheel ? You can get away with more with the older engines because there built better than the stuff today... I would caution removing the governor or just the linkage to it... It would be easy Shure but you're talking a chance it's going to grenade... I would at least blow one up first to know the limit of that particular engine before I sudgest messing around... I'm not saying not to hot rod it just what to expect from doing so... The predator/Honda has a lot of aftermarket parts for this purpose... Sure you're not racing and don't need all the hiperformance stuff... And leave it alone and appreciate it for what it is... 1/2 ass hot rod is just problems waiting to happen

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Just got a response back from the ones that have belts. The transmission reduction is 5\1 and it uses 14\44 sprockets. For a total reduction of 15.71\1. This gives you a top speed of 16.4 mph on 24" tires, 17.7 mph on 26" tires, 18.7 mph on 27.5" tires, and 19.8 mph on 29" tires. The chain drive transmission are probably fairly close in total reduction as well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mossy

ZekeNoScooter

Jun 18, 2019
Just got a response back from the ones that have belts. The transmission reduction is 5\1 and it uses 14\44 sprockets. For a total reduction of 15.71\1. This gives you a top speed of 16.4 mph on 24" tires, 17.7 mph on 26" tires, 18.7 mph on 27.5" tires, and 19.8 mph on 29" tires. The chain drive transmission are probably fairly close in total reduction as well.
How many RPMs is that Jerry? Bcuz I tossed the governor linkage rod AND the itty bitty 15mm carb. Swapped in a big carb off a 150 cc Chinese scooter. Only other mod is in the final drive, 11t/32t (doesn't anybody run disk brakes in the back? I got mags, so only option). First try out topped me at 42 mph, and was running like s**t, carb WAY off in the jetting and a tiny little air leak (sarcasm). I was using a handlebar grip as an adapter gosh sakes.
FYI, This is the same motor comes on the Coleman 100 mini bike. If you look that one up on you tube, lots of people miss the **** out of em, Rev em up 8, 9, 10k. Saw one doing 50+. I'm quite happy with mine. Adding a silicone elbow (intake) and a mikune 21mm clone. I'll get back to ya after it's dialed.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
How many RPMs is that Jerry? Bcuz I tossed the governor linkage rod AND the itty bitty 15mm carb. Swapped in a big carb off a 150 cc Chinese scooter. Only other mod is in the final drive, 11t/32t (doesn't anybody run disk brakes in the back? I got mags, so only option). First try out topped me at 42 mph, and was running like s**t, carb WAY off in the jetting and a tiny little air leak (sarcasm). I was using a handlebar grip as an adapter gosh sakes.
FYI, This is the same motor comes on the Coleman 100 mini bike. If you look that one up on you tube, lots of people miss the **** out of em, Rev em up 8, 9, 10k. Saw one doing 50+. I'm quite happy with mine. Adding a silicone elbow (intake) and a mikune 21mm clone. I'll get back to ya after it's dialed.
Since you said you were using mags; I'm going to assume you've got 26" tires. To do 42 mph on 26" tires with a total reduction of 14.55\1 the engine has to be doing 7898 rpm. That's over double what that engine was designed to do. So you might be able to rev it to that; the question is can you hold it there very long?

ZekeNoScooter

Jun 18, 2019
Since you said you were using mags; I'm going to assume you've got 26" tires. To do 42 mph on 26" tires with a total reduction of 14.55\1 the engine has to be doing 7898 rpm. That's over double what that engine was designed to do. So you might be able to rev it to that; the question is can you hold it there very long?
Yeah, I don't just trust it up and leave it there. Bicycles have very little business above 30 mph. Small contact patch to the pavement ( maybe 4 square inches? Maybe???) Not to mention heat dissipation for a tire never meant to go that fast, so yeah, I'm a half throttle sorta guy. I'll do the math and get the ratios back to ya. It doesn't sound THAT fast,.... I don't think so anyway. I have a laser tach I'll have to try.
Thanks for the response
Zeke

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Jesus Tralfaz

Apr 8, 2024
Anyone have any idea what the difference is between these two clutches? Is one belt driven, and one gear?
I've been interested in getting one of these for a while, and since I first started looking, the second one has appeared in the results. Thanks!

Attachments

Reactions: fasteddy and Tony01

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Anyone have any idea what the difference is between these two clutches? Is one belt driven, and one gear?
I've been interested in getting one of these for a while, and since I first started looking, the second one has appeared in the results. Thanks!
Looks like a gear and a belt drive. First post I see, welcome to the forum. For stuff like this it’s best to start a new topic rather than pull up old threads.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The first one is chain drive & the second (black cover) is belt drive... The belt drive is way more reliable than the chain, but the belt drive is a little harder to get the pulleys aligned & adjusted perfectly.