New old guy

GoldenMotor.com
Oct 11, 2023
Not that old, 40 but used to be into motorized bicycles, got out of them about 7 years ago, wanted to get into motorcycles but unfortunately had a string of bad luck with a few bikes I bought that were not in the condition the seller said they were in and didn’t find all the issues till I started going over them. My most recent motorcycle has become a never ending project and I have young kids I want to spend time with, not constantly tinkering on a 40 year old bike. I’ve decided to embark on a custom build, I have the platform and wheels, I’m waiting on the rest of the parts I need, it’s going to be a 212cc with the juggernaut (30 series asymmetrical torque converter) from gopowersports, and a custom lighting system that I will be designing and installing as I had done on a similar project that I never got to finish.

Not that old, 40 but used to be into motorized bicycles, got out of them about 7 years ago, wanted to get into motorcycles but unfortunately had a string of bad luck with a few bikes I bought that were not in the condition the seller said they were in and didn’t find all the issues till I started going over them. My most recent motorcycle has become a never ending project and I have young kids I want to spend time with, not constantly tinkering on a 40 year old bike. I’ve decided to embark on a custom build, I have the platform and wheels, I’m waiting on the rest of the parts I need, it’s going to be a 212cc with the juggernaut (30 series asymmetrical torque converter) from gopowersports, and a custom lighting system that I will be designing and installing as I had done on a similar project that I never got to finish.
Welcome! Pictures of the platform please.

Reactions: fasteddy
Oct 11, 2023
Welcome! Pictures of the platform please.
Sorry, what I meant to say was I have the platform and wheels lined up. Haven’t actually picked them up yet. It’s a schwinn cantilever frame. I’m going to be adding Suzuki k10 forks, the front wheel is a heavy spoked rim with a sturmey xlfd hub, and the rear wheel is currently a heavy spoked rim with a coaster hub, but I’m going to order a heavy spoked rim with a sturmey xlrd3 instead, because I want something better than a coaster for the rear wheel, and also because I want to be able to connect the rear brake to my brake light and don’t see that happening with a coaster brake.