Adjusting Timing

GoldenMotor.com

Quentin's

Mar 10, 2024
I'm currently dealing with a big problem with a 2-Stroke motorized bicycle. So, the engine just stopped working altogether, leaving me bothered.
Although the spark is present and fuel ignites, the bike still won't start. I know that the timing may be off, but I don't know how to adjust it. Do you have immediate guidance on setting the timing correctly to get me back on the road ASAP?

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I'm currently dealing with a big problem with a 2-Stroke motorized bicycle. So, the engine just stopped working altogether, leaving me bothered.
Although the spark is present and fuel ignites, the bike still won't start. I know that the timing may be off, but I don't know how to adjust it. Do you have immediate guidance on setting the timing correctly to get me back on the road ASAP?
Did you do all the tests VMB asked? Show pictures of your engine? Making multiple threads will not help, if you weren’t helped on your main thread making more won’t help. He’s trying to help you so don’t argue with him on how to solve your problem that you don’t know how to solve.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
There is no adjusting the timing unless you mess with the ports and obviously you haven't gone that far. Listen to the O.G."'s here. They won't steer you wrong. They might not give you the answer straight away but they will give you the solution so you can figure it out. Nothing comes easy homeboy.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Actually, there are several ways that you can mess with the timing on these..
one of them is a retarded or advanced Woodruff key and another is to slightly turn the Magneto in the case which is almost unnoticeable and I would not suggest it unless you were trying to super fine tune your bike and the sparkplug gap.
And of course raising and lowering the ports and skirting the piston.
There are other ways as using a an adjustable CDI but that's not in the motor that's a totally different topic.

Reactions: fasteddy